/Safety plan for Las Vegas Electric Daisy Carnival in May rejected – KTNV Las Vegas

Safety plan for Las Vegas Electric Daisy Carnival in May rejected – KTNV Las Vegas


LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — The plan submitted by the organizers of the Electric Daisy Carnival has been denied.

The Nevada Department of Business and Industry has confirmed that they denied the safety plan for the giant, three-day music festival because it did not comply with Directive 041 requirements related to capacity or social distancing. The festival typically attracts about 200,000 attendees per day.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE PLAN

They also confirmed that a new plan has not been submitted at this time.

This year’s festival is scheduled for May 21-23 at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Insomniac CE Pasquale Rotella said last month that it could be pushed back to November if necessary and that he would provide an update on April 8 or sooner.

RELATED: EDC producer: Decision on 2021 dates to ‘come on April 8 or sooner’

The plan that was submitted said festival goers and employees would be required to provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test to enter the grounds. It also said there would be COVID-19 detection dogs and all attendees would have to wear masks. Additionally, rapid tests would be available at the festival if necessary.

According the plan, EDC’s organizers did not feel that social distancing was necessary because of the other requirements and because it is an outdoor event.

13 Action News has reached out to Insomniac for comment. They acknowledged receipt of our email but did not provide any answers.

Original Source